Over Two Decades of Community Service
Securing The Future For Bradenton
Increasing Economic Opportunities + Bringing State and Federal Money to Our City
Keeping The Public Safe
Supporting Our Emergency Services
About Patrick Roff
Bradenton City Councilman - Ward 3
Patrick Roff and his family, wife Barbara and daughter Emily, purchased their current Bradenton residence in 1988. As a community leader, Patrick created and organized the Historic Wares Creek Neighborhood which has become one of Bradenton's leading examples of urban renewal. He is best known for his successful commitment to the Wares Creek Flood Control Project, Manatee County's largest storm water endeavor.
Patrick and Barbara are a happily married couple of 32 years. Their daughter Emily graduated with honors from MHS, the USF School of Music, and the USF School of Communication Sciences and Disorders. She is currently pursuing a graduate degree at the University of Texas at Dallas in Speech Pathology.
Patrick led his family to a dedicated life of service. His wife, Barbara, is a 28 year Manatee County teacher and for the past eight years, Manatee High School's library media specialist. Emily served her church from second grade through college, the same church where Patrick served on the Parish Council and Finance Committees and as the Capital Campaign Director.
Prior to election, Patrick owned and operated a successful family aboriculture business in the city of Bradenton for 20 years.
As the City Councilman of Ward 3, Patrick has guided the city through the great recession while maintaining services and public safety. Patrick has been at the forefront of the renaissance that has made Bradenton a world-wide destination.
Patrick believes that there is much more work to do, and he is ready, willing and able to rise to the occasion.
Patrick's many appointments and honors include, but are not limited to, the following:
As a private citizen -
- Police Chief Advisory Board
- City of Bradenton Tree Board member and chair
- City of Bradenton EAR Committee (Comprehensive Plan Review Committee) member
- Manatee County Urban Forestry Master Plan developer
- Art Center Manatee Board of Directors
- Keep Manatee Beautiful Wares Creek organizer and award winner
- Selby Foundation's Top 10 Essayists on Community Service winner
- Tamiami Tomorrow Revitalization Study Group member
As an elected official -
- Councilman and past Vice Mayor for the City of Bradenton
- Tampa Bay Regional Planning Council member
- Realize Bradenton co-creator and co-chair
- Manasota League of Cities secretary/treasurer/and state/national lobbyist
- USF Advisory Council member
- SRQ Advisory Council member
- Keep Manatee Beautiful under Keep America Beautiful board member
- 46th International Conference on New Urbanism attendee, Santa Fe, NM
- Creative Cities Summit #2 attendee, Detroit, MI
- Abacoa FL Scripps Design Institute graduate
- Florida State Board of Directors for the Florida League of Cities member
- FBI Citizens Academy graduate
- FDOT/MPO Board member
- Sarasota Bay Estuary Committee member
A History of Service
Images of Patrick Roff working for the people.
Slide Right and Left or Hover and Use Scrollwheel ∴ Click Images For More Info
Official City Portrait.
Delivering Selby Grant to Sr. Nora's charity.
Lobbying for Bradenton on Capitol Hill.
Building the signs for the first campaign.
Campaigning with Bradenton Fire Department
Posing with Bradenton Firefighters after a day spent rallying support.
Support in all conditions
Preparing for all terrain conditions.
Swearing in for City Council
The first swearing in ceremony.
Meeting with Congresswoman Katherine Harris in Washington DC for Wares Creek.
Emergency services support
Congratulating our Fire Department.
Wares Creek dredging project
Dredging Basin 2 after clearing island.
Patrick and wife Barbara pose in front of the Wares Creek Adopt-A-Shore sign.
Wares Creek as dredging begins
A view from the 8th Avenue bridge looking on Wares Creek after removal of the silt island.
Wares Creek seawall before
The seawall was in ruin.
Wares Creek seawall after
The seawall after completion.
Senator Bill Nelson
Always working to improve Bradenton, here Pat is meeting with one of Florida's two Senators.
FBI Citizens Training
Posing with an FBI Emergency Responce Unit during an 8 week course that very few people are invited to.
Working for Bradenton
With Senator John McCain.
602 Virginia Drive
Bradenton, FL 34205
To email Councilman Patrick Roff please fill out the following fields.